Programs and Public Relations Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director; Director of Exhibitions and Marketing
General Position Summary
- Help plan and implement public relations and communications efforts for Piedmont Arts.
- Direct and coordinate arts programs offered by Piedmont Arts.
- 32-hour week, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday – Friday (flexible).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Executive Director and program staff to create a promotion schedule for exhibits and programs.
- Work with Director of Exhibitions and Marketing to develop, execute and maintain public relations efforts.
- Act as contact for all media; distribute press releases; develop ideas for feature stories.
- Maintain spreadsheet tracking all press mentions throughout the year.
- Maintain the museum’s presence on online calendars: Facebook and Virginia.org.
- Maintain Piedmont Arts’ presence in newspaper and magazine calendars by submitting events.
- Coordinate distribution of marketing materials to local and regional businesses.
- Work with Director of Exhibitions and Marketing to develop marketing materials, as needed.
- Work with Director of Exhibitions and Marketing to develop social media posts, as needed.
Exhibitions and Programming:
- Assist with exhibitions and programming, including arranging dates, contracts, lodging needs, shipping, technical requirements, manpower, hospitality needs, etc. with any artist, program provider and/or venue site.
- Work with Director of Exhibitions and Marketing to install exhibitions, as needed.
- Manage planning and implementation of events, programs and fundraisers.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to advance the multi-disciplinary mission of the organization, by working with all program areas to coordinate programming whenever feasible. These include, but are not limited to, performances, classes, workshops, lectures, films and special events.
- Assist in the promotion of Piedmont Arts as an intrinsic part of the Martinsville-Henry County community, serving at all times as a supporter of Piedmont Arts and an advocate of the arts.
- Participate in Piedmont Arts sponsored events and activities as often as possible, demonstrating enthusiasm for all Piedmont Arts activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Director of Exhibitions and Marketing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge and interest in marketing, visual and performing arts.
- Strong writing, public speaking skills and phone etiquette.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, with knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Ability to lift boxes, ladders, artwork, etc. during exhibit installation or for shipping purposes.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Executive Director Heidi Pinkston at firstname.lastname@example.org.