REPORTS TO: Executive Director and Director of Exhibitions and Marketing
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
- Help plan and implement public relations and communications efforts for Piedmont Arts.
- Help direct and coordinate arts programs offered by Piedmont Arts.
- 15-hour week, typically 9:00 to 2:00, Tuesday – Friday (flexible).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Executive Director and Program Staff to create a promotion schedule for exhibitions; performing arts; community/educational programming; special events.
- Work with Director of Exhibitions and Marketing to develop, execute and maintain public relations efforts, including coordinating press contact with staff members; distribution of press releases, feature stories, photos, etc.; developing ideas for feature stories, etc.
- Work with Director of Exhibitions and Marketing to maintain the museum’s presence on online calendars, such as Virginia.org, etc.
- Work with Director of Exhibitions and Marketing to maintain Piedmont Arts’ presence in newspaper and magazine calendars by sending monthly listings of events and programs.
- Coordinate and distribute marketing materials to local and regional businesses.
- Work with the Executive Director and Director of Exhibitions and Marketing on membership and fundraising marketing.
Exhibitions and Programming:
- Assist with exhibitions and programming, including arranging dates, contracts, lodging needs, shipping, technical requirements, manpower, hospitality needs, etc. with any artist, program provider and/or venue site.
- Work with the Manager of Guest Services to coordinate ticket sales for all programming that involves such sales.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of events, programs and fundraisers, including Savory September, Garden Parties, and Fall Festival.
- Inform the Director of Exhibitions and Marketing of all programming details to develop all materials and publicity related to performing arts programming and a procedure/plan for distribution.
- Work with Director of Exhibitions and Marketing to install exhibitions, as needed.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to advance the multi-disciplinary mission of the organization, by working with all program areas to coordinate programming whenever feasible. These include, but are not limited to, performances, classes, workshops, lectures, films and special events.
- Assist in the promotion of Piedmont Arts as an intrinsic part of the Martinsville/Henry County community, serving at all times as a supporter of Piedmont Arts and an advocate of the arts.
- Participate in Piedmont Arts sponsored events and activities as often as possible, demonstrating enthusiasm for all Piedmont Arts activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Director of Exhibitions and Marketing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge and interest in marketing, visual and performing arts.
- Strong writing, public speaking skills and phone etiquette.
- Some knowledge of technical theatre language and equipment and ability to help act as liaison between artist, stage personnel, venue, and Piedmont Arts.
- Ability to lift boxes, ladders, artwork, etc. during exhibit installation or for shipping purposes.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral formats.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Ability to work efficiently and graciously under pressure.
Send resume and cover letter to Executive Director Heidi Pinkston at email@example.com.